World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria featuring the player, Chen and Li Li Stormstout, and Mudmug.
I had this image in my head when I started questing in the Valley of Four Winds zone. The idea was outsiders arriving on the new continent. Mudmug would represent the continent of Pandaria, while everyone else would represent outsiders.
While working on this, I tried to include bits of the previous expansions to represent those outsiders:
- Vanilla – Troll (Mojodishu)
- Burning Crusade – Blood Elf
- Wrath of the Lich King – Traveler’s Tundra Mammoth / Blood Elf Death Knight
- Cataclysm – Goblins as one of the races of the Horde and modifying the zone of Azshara, with a giant cannon as one of those modifications. (Drix has modified his seat on the Horde Traveler’s Tundra Mammoth with a turret of his own.)
- Pandaren from the Wandering Isle – the Stormstouts
All of the above, meeting Mudmug for the first time.
… and also some looming danger over the horizon.